Saturday, December 20, 2008

SHE HATH RETURNED

WITH A BUSTED ACHILLES TENDON ON HER LEFT FOOT...



BUT TRIUMPHANT!

Photos can come another day. I don't want to walk to the living room to get my camera. Blehh 10 days away from the comp and I'm typing so slowly.


DAY ONE:
Bus from JRAHS. Cadets are in PE uniform as they form up into 1 platoon listening carefully for their names during roll call. They slowly pile on, angering the warrant officer :P :P :P "WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG". I agree. SO SLOW even though they're filling in from the back!!
Bought a HUGE Woman's Weekly magazine for their HUGE HUGE HUGEASS CROSSWORD to do on the bus. yay. Anyway, we reached Latchford Barracks =__=; and had PT! Which was, I have to admit SO MUCH BETTER THAN LAST YEAR. It was so fun. : Seriously. Except monkey bars. Maximum bars for me was only about 5. HOWEVER the wall ladder thing, I performed exceptionally well :) Because I like to climb :D

DAY TWO:
WTSS- Owned men in shooting. Yes. Be careful around me and try not to piss you off, because I can blow your head of with one precise pull of the trigger of a rifle. I am a good shot hehehehe. Travelled from Latchford Barracks to Mt Beauty (close to the Vic Alps) where we stayed in "Loft Yurt" which was rather luxurious and provided a wonderful bonding time for us 7 females. It was very fun and clean and nice.

DAY THREE:
Hike day 1 : OMG SO COLD. OMG SO WINDY. OMG SLEET?!!?!?! OMG CANT BREATHE. It was so high up, a couple of steps sent me into panting fits. Within a few minutes of getting off the bus, my cheek was numb and a couple of people commented on the ruddiness of my cheeks. :O
The causeway we were supposed to cross was FLOODED. RUSHING, FREEZING THIGH DEEP WATER.

The first day was terrible. I felt like my legs were going to amputate themselves. But when we built a fire it was warm :D:D:D And we had huts to live in. So yippee. Unfortunately, I only had 0 degree temp sleeping bag, but that was bearable. Cold, but bearable. From drop off point to Tawonga Huts.

DAY FOUR:
Hike day 2: OMG SO COLD. OMG SO WINDY. OMG SLEET?!?!?! OMG STUPID TUFTS OF GRASS. Hurt my achilles tendon on this day. Slipping and tumbling off the stupid wet boundeous mounds of grass. lol. It was terrible. Reached Cope Hut. Nice fire. Realised it was super hard to get up the stairs with my ankle. Started a fire :) (HA! Milo take that, girls can start fires...)

DAY FIVE:
Hike day 3: The major carried my pack, gave me his stick, so I hobbled all the way. Led 2 sections up a SUPER hilly track. Apparently I went fast and some people dropped behind. Hehe. When I'm at the front, I actually hobble quite quickly. Took ages though, I was busting to the loo, and I was super adamant about not wanting to hide behind a bush to let it flow, so I waited. And I waited. And waited and waited and waited. There were so many anti climaxes. I thought we had reached the destination SO MANY TIMES. Guys and Girls had to split up at the junction between the trail to Fitzgerald's Hut and Kelly's Hut. Kelly's hut had a toilet. YIPPEE. The boys learnt how to dig a latrine and do a number 2 while hugging a tree. lol. Had a nice night with the girls chatting :)

DAY SIX:
Hike day 4: Arrived at the junction EARLY, waited for the guys to arrive (haha!) Groves and the major decided to apply bandages to my foot to restrict unnecessary movement. Strange, I felt pain in my calf after that. Because something else was flooded, we could not get to Roper's hut (our original destination) SO we decided to go to Edmundon's Hut to stay overnight :D The major was adamant that I not carry anything : So Buddha (THANKYOU) lugged my pack around and someone else had my webbing (I think it was Lieutenant Li). Bah. Felt quite useless + burdening =_=; Arrived at location- Tented/hootchied instead of staying in the hut. HAHA! IT WAS SO WARM AND SNUG when 3 people were shoved into a 2 man tent BD. I will DEFINATELY be doing that again. SO WARM. MY FEET WERE ACTUALLY WARM FOR ONCE.

DAY SEVEN:
Hike day 5: Carried my own webbing, Daniel Xue in year 9 carried my pack in the beginning (ty) and then Buddha carried it for the rest of the way. I hobbled House-style extremely quickly and THE BUS CAME TO PICK US UP. Yeah. I just summarised that all up REALLY quickly. : SO much more happened, but I cant seem to recall at the moment. I'm just thinking about food + feeling quite sleepy atm. Went back to Mount Beauty, showered, WENT OUT TO DINNER WITH MY yr 11 homies. To a restaurant called Frissante. Which wasn't as good as I thought it would be... :P I had high expectations. Alan had chicken, Milo had a family sized pizza, Lee and Topher had a steak, Buddha and I had Fettucine Marinara (seafood). I had a pretty good time :)

DAY EIGHT:
Victoria -> Canberra. The long drive. We arrived at Carotel Motel, toured around in a bus, spent some time in Canberra Mall which was MASSIVE. JUST FREAKING MASSIVE with only 45 mins. Not enough. Girls complained when we got on the bus again. Captain Best was EXTREMELY apologetic and the boys just laughed. Back at Carotel, the girls were all depressed, and I decided to sing my own rendition of "What about me" IMPROVISED and VERONICA HO, RECORDED IT (and then she deleted it accidentally the next day.. LOL) and then we used my song in the talentquest (and got 1st prize !!! YAYERS) Played lots of volleyball.

DAY NINE:
VOLLEYBALL, BREAKFAST, WAR MEMORIAL, CHINATOWN: ate Japanese food with Topher and Alan, Topher and I ordered a Sutamina and Alan ordered and Unagi Bento I think. It was very yummy. Strange thing though: Jap restaurant - Korean food - owned by Chinese people? :S haha. Back to Carotel, Volleyball, SWIM, shower, volleyball, dinner, preparing for TALENTQUEST, TALENTQUEST ITSELF- VERDICT: FIRSTPLACE: US and TOPHER AND ALAN'S SINGING :D YAYERS
Victoria/Kenny's group: some weird roleplay thing
Buddha+ Daniel: Stripping off their PE tracksuit while bouncing a tennis ball on a cricketbat (pretty good one to watch. lol)
Topher + Alan: 18 songs they sang (hehe)
Andy + Milo: waltz + jive + soulja boy dance
Arthur Teo + co: MONKEY CIRCUS
Michael Peng + co: ZOMBIE RAPE (drunken brawl)
LoCao + Brian Gao + Sanji + Kevin Tree: KARATE HIYAAAH
Lee: Juggling + balancing thing. So cool.
Girls: What about me, :)
Johnny + Austin + Victor + Chris Gu + Bahaven : weird role play involving funny chinese people. Went for abit long, but it was enjoyable.

VERONICA HO AND REBECCA YU BAKED TWO LOVELY CAKES which we shared with people. I love them both dearly, feeding me when I needed it the most. Damn it. I LOVE YOU GIRLS. ANNIE, RONNIE, BECCA, CLAY (WHEE). You are are freaking awesome and I can't believe I won't have another annual with you fleabags :P We all said we'd stay up the whole night, but everyone fell asleep around 12, leaving Clay and I. haha. She was sprouting "yo momma's so fat" jokes while I was writing Christmas cards for the girls. After I wrote Becca's I discovered she had fallen asleep on my Double bed, and Annie had fallen asleep on Clay's. :) Cute little girls. Pity Clay and I had to wake them :)

DAY TEN:
Time to GO: WOKE LATE. Well. Not really. I woke at 6.30, mooched around until 7.30. PACKED HASTILY. BREAKFAST, VOLLEYBALL (I love playing with the yr 9s. The dudes are such good sports + non pansies like some of the year 8 guys.. ) BUS.
BUS
BUS
BUS
SLEEP
BUS
GOULBURN: bought a small present for Kelly (because I missed her :) Also bought some ribbon because it was on sale, and it was pretty (good for wrapping presents)
BUS
BUS
MACCAS: HAPPY MEAL
BUS
BUS
wrote a couple more xmas cards for special peeps.
BUS BUS
SCHOOL!
HOME
MUM
DAD
KELLY
:O
NO MORE ANNUAL

*cry*


:(

No more annual.


No more annual.



No more annual.



I am depressed again.

4 counterattacks:

Z-hang said...

awww...well, you could always come back next year for annual...I mean, fung did last year xD

nice to hear you had alot of fun, not to mention the hard resolve to keep going even though injured...I would've given up =P

I'm so gland you don't own a gun ^-^"

Anonymous said...

poor thing you got injured!
must've been fun, but you missed quite alot in the last week!

James said...

LAME.
As in, it sucks I didn't come. T_T
Well, glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Hmph! Your WTSS method was cheating. I had to hug my damn F88 cause my hand wouldn't reach the ground for cheat method. Allegedly the WTSS instructors told our officers they taught us cheat method anyway. So hmph!

 
design by suckmylolly.com