Friday, June 19, 2009

"life is like a rainbow...

... you need both the sun and the rain to make the colours appear."

On our way to Macquarie Uni on Thursday, I saw a rainbow through the bus window. It was SO big. :)


Speaking of colours...

look what I found in the backyard today :)

Did you know, the green leaves slowly turn red and become the "petals" of the flower? It's not exactly what I'd call pretty or delicate, but I reckon it's pretty unique. :D We have two of these shrubby like things.

She wanted a pic for her fb dp but I accidently tagged the bottom. SO I decided to put this here anyway :)


THIS PRETTY FLOWER- Is it a camelia? It looks SO PRETTY on the tree, the camera does it no justice. The colour in the photo is less vibrant than what it actually looked like, but I cbb photoshopping it. :)


Now to fruit :) Pretty fruit. LOOKEEE

We have tonnes of kumquats growing. 3 shrubs of it. Sometimes I see them at Woolies, selling at such a high price- and they don't even look nice and smooth and juicy like ours :D We don't even fertilise and rarely water.
When I own my own apartment or something when I'm older, I'll grow my kumquats in a big terracotta pot on the balcony or something. I like the orangey-ness of it.
My dad's been making me eat the skin of this fruit because I've been complaining about having a sore throat D: Not that pleasant, the inside of the fruit is much nicer. :)
I have no idea what this is called in English, but in cantonese its "lan fa". Quite pretty.
News to report: =.=; illness misad. Hope the exams were fun for you lot today. ==;; Was calling my dad from the office, but he turned his phone off, and the home line was retarded, so I set up email on my phone and sent him an email. And he got it. lol.
Couple of hours later, my phone does crazy doing a little vibrating dance on my desk, I pick it up and see MAILMAILMAIL.
I check it, and it's from UTS co-op.
=/ I didn't even hand in the second part of the application (because my dad was like D: WHAT?! DON'T. So I didn't) but I still got an interview?
==; Fun.
TIME TO---
- Anger daddy and prepare stuff for an interview
.. like buying a PENCIL SKIRT.
I WANT ONE.
:( Been looking at a lot of places. I want something under $60 but D: it's so hard to find. Visited Target hoping to find some super great deals on boring pencil skirts, BUT THEIR SMALLEST SIZE IS TOO BIG?!
:(
Plus what is with super short pencil skirts? D: They look yuck and cheapen the attire D:
I WANT A POWERSUIIIIITTTTT.
This is so exciting. suitsuitsuitsuitsuitsuitsuitsuit :D :D
:( money spending time.

10 counterattacks:

chrisau said...

I SAW THE RAINBOW TOO!! =D i happened to have taken my camera on the day - so i took many photos of it (which look much better than yours - you can't even see the whole rainbow!) XD

i have kumquat tree in my backyard too. Most of mine are sour but there'd be this particular one or two that would be really sweet =D i think it's cos all the birds ate the best ones =(

pencil skirt! so that's what those are called =D do take photos of yourself wearing a suit - see how ridiculous you would look XD

get well :)

Anonymous said...

Quite alot of people from school didn't get a interview from UTS co-op. And you got a interview without handing in the second part?
=.=
That sounds dodge no offence.

Mysterious Stranger said...

Kumquat skins kinda add to the tanginess, if any, right?

Get well soon

mawson . said...

get well =)

so were u at school to begin with? cos i saw u in ur jersey, leaning into some shrub [which i assume were the kumquats?] =D

Darth Gaylord said...

I believe you are quite right, MS.

Get well soon, Smelinda, and congratulations for your interrogation.

BELLE said...

@ Mawson: indeed i was at school

infact during the english exam, i was sitting in the deputy's office clutching around my abdominal region feeling intense pain D:


STOP SPYING ON ME, - yes i was leaning into the kumquat shrub ;D

Cheryl said...

get better =)

OMGOMGOMG!!! you got a msg?? i got an email ^^ but yayayayayay.. swami got it too =)=)

how come evry1 seems to have a kumquat tree?? I DON'T HAVE ONE!!! >.<

mishmashmosh said...

Cheryl, I have THREE

I got an email too, I was just checking email on phone. hehee

Quentin said...

I;ve seen so many rainbows this year =O There was one after school on Thursday too. Btw, I think 'lan fa' is orchid =) We have a few of them, and when they flower they're so PRETTIFUL =D

joani said...

cumquats are the bomb. you HAVE to eat the skin, otherwise its just no fun!

 
design by suckmylolly.com